⇒ Commercial Litigation:
- Intellectual property/employment law matter to protect rights of employer against former employee who disregarded confidentiality provisions
⇒ Personal Injury matters:
- Airline pilot suffers significant injuries while out of state due to motor vehicle collision
- Airline pilot suffers significant injuries while in hotel shuttle van
- Food service professional suffers significant injuries requiring surgery while in Uber vehicle in San Francisco
- Executive and sculptor seriously injured on Hwy 285 by careless driver in inclement weather.
- Stay at home mother with 4 young children with severe back injuries struck while parked.
- Young professional woman burned and scarred by mis-application of experimental chemical peel by her employer.
- Young male retail worker injured in motor vehicle accident suffering significant neck injury requiring surgery.
- Serious injuries to child from attack by dog while guest at home.
⇒ Estate Plans: Multiple estate plans continuously under process in the office. On track for approximately 50 this year.
⇒ Probate matters: 3 active probate matters at this time
⇒ Real Estate:
- Litigation in complex multi-million dollar matter involving cloud on title; tax liens; fraud.
- Representing buyer in residential purchase intended for rezoning to commercial property.
- Representing seller of commercial property involving family trust, and related commercial transactions.
- Deed work for owners.
⇒ Family Law: 4 active matters (dissolution); 2 active post-dissolution; 3 active matters relating to termination of parental rights (court appointed counsel positions).
⇒ Mediation: 2 active family law meditations.
⇒ Corporate matters: Outside counsel for multiple Inc and LLC entities attending Board and Shareholder meetings; contract review; Minutes; corporate filings.
♦ Settlement of wrongful death action arising from vehicular homicide – $1,250,000
♦ Litigation settlement of claim for personal injuries (Denver Sup Ct) for more than 2.5x more than insurer’s “last, best and final” offer prior to filing Complaint.
♦ Negotiation and close of sale on behalf of seller of Colorado based hospice care facility in excess of $4M; post closing disputes resolved in favor of clients securing over $300,000 in post-closing payments; additional claims resolved in favor of seller for over $400,000 on breach of promissory note.
♦ Successful prosecution of action involving consumption of tainted produce by toddler resulting in HepC infection.
♦ Prevailing party in binding arbitration to secure full payment of children’s expenses, division of assets, and increased child support including award of attorneys’ fees and costs. (2016)
♦ Jury verdict for corporate defendant in case seeking several million dollars in damages, and aggressive punitive damages claims after 30 day jury trial (California) in complex civil litigation involving claims for breach of contract, defamation, and interference with contractual relations. Three additional defendants resolved for between $0 and nominal damages. One defendant found liable for less than 5% of damages sought by plaintiff.
♦ Established UM/UIM coverage for a client seriously injured in a motorcycle collision, where his own liability carrier denied coverage for his injuries. The firm prevailed based on the carriers failure to properly document a written denial of UM/UIM personal injury coverage. Additional coverage of over $250,000.
♦ Represented clients in two separate complex and highly adversarial divorce matters involving several million dollars in marital assets.
♦ Successful prosecution of civil action for groundwater contamination. Defendants settled on eve of trial for full sum of damages claimed by residential property owner.
♦ Serving as outside general counsel for start-up and emerging businesses, including companies now grossing $5M+ sales, including: skin care companies (both in Colorado and California); food supply companies representing sales to Fortune 500 level retail and restaurant; internet/app based business relating to civic voter engagement.
♦ Successful representation of elderly client who was taken advantage of by a financial services advisor. The firm filed suit and ultimately recovered all financial losses, plus personal property improperly taken by the advisor.
♦ Estate plans completed for individuals in the following categories: high net worth advanced tax and philanthropic; sophisticated professional families with minor children; special needs (cognitive impairment trusts).
♦ Buy/Sell agreements negotiated on behalf of specialty custom automotive fabrication business; purchase of Denver based franchise of soup restaurant; franchise of mobile uniform sales franchises.